Monday, July 8, 2013

ZAP that Zit


I know some of you out there believe in the old toothpaste trick ~ Sleeping with the white paste on your pesky little zit and it will dry it out by morning. While toothpaste will be sure to dry out your skin and possibly dry out that pimple, toothpaste is made for the teeth not the skin! It will irritate your skin causing more redness and dryness and then you will have more problems than you started with.

Turn to a product that will clear it up the correct way, a product that is made for your skin.  Try a spot treatment. Spot treatments can be very effective in getting down to the bacteria in the layers of your skin that cause the pimple.

If you want to go the natural route, I have often applied straight tea tree oil to the irritated area, and that seems to work well. (If you don't wan't to use straight tee tree oil add some aloe vera gel to it).

 But one of my favorite products from Lush contains tea tree oil as well as some other great herbal ingredients including thyme and rosemary as well as grape juice. It is called Grease Lightning and one bottle will last you forever and you can apply it under your make up throughout the day because it is clear.

Add caption
Another spot treatment that I have used forever and my teenage daughter uses it as well, is Mario Badescu's drying lotion. It contains salicylic acid as well as calamine and camphor. This is actually always in my medicine cabinet, I use it on mosquito bites as well! It really soothes and takes the itch out!
 Just remember to NOT mix this product together. The liquid separates from the pink calamine looking part and you just dip a q-tip in the solution and take straight out and apply. My daughter and I always laugh at each other because we both look hilarious with light pink dots all over our face before bed :)

*A great drug store alternative is the Clean and Clear Advantage Acne Spot Treatment. It has salicylic acid and it is a gel formula and you can conceal over top of it.





1 comment:

  1. This is awesome, I have struggled with acne the entirety of my teenage years, and lately have been looking for a new skincare routine to help contain the blemishes. I'll have to check these out! Thanks for the post!

    Sarah xx

    http://sarahxoxo95.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS