Friday, July 12, 2013

COCO CRAZY!





My Love of Coconut is making my family a bit concerned. I think it started when my teenage daughter caught me in the pantry one evening rubbing coconut oil in my hair, and then I proceeded to put it on my arms too... I didn't know she was there, and then we both busted out laughing.  She knows I'm crazy, I know I'm crazy and we can have a laugh about it. Hey, its so good for the skin and the hair and I smelled like a tropical vacation, awesome!

I drink coconut water, eat coconut chips, use coconut oil spread in place of butter on my toast,  add it in my smoothies, the list goes on and on ~yes, I'm coco crazy!

 Let's get into the benefits of this little jar of magic. Coconut oil is not just for cooking ~the oil is a wonderful moisturizer for the hair and body with antioxidant Vitamin E and lauric acid.  It is one of the worlds  most nourishing  super foods.   There are many ways to use coconut oil in your beauty routine, and one jar can replace a lot of different products!



  • use it as a mask on the ends of your hair at night before bed, washing it out in the morning very thoroughly
  • replace your make up remover ~ Use the oil to take off your make up, I keep a jar under my sink. great for eye make up!
  • use it as a lip conditioner
  • a body lotion
  • to soften your cuticles.
  • suffer from canker sores? a dab will speed up the healing process.
  • add some to your toothpaste to shine up your teeth.
Enjoy your new found friend :) Be sure to buy EXTRA VIRGIN!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Nicole! LOVED your blog on coconut oil. It is so surprising how many crazy beauty tips out there that actually work. We just wrote a blog and found that beer, yes BEER, actually adds to the shine in your hair. Crazy right? :)

    Check it out when you have a chance!

    http://bit.ly/1dmsCdr

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS