Monday, August 5, 2013

Hair Care and my favorite protein mask

I have been highlighting my hair since I was 14 years old. That's a long time... I started out like any normal brunette, with subtle blond highlights. Then, like every brunette with subtle blond highlights, I wanted them lighter, and more of them, each time I visited the salon.  By the time I was 19, I was blond.   To my benefit, my boy friend, now husband, was a hairdresser~  good thing, It's expensive to be blond!  I have tried to go back a bit darker, and don't like it every time.  At this point, my husband will not even listen to me if I mention going darker.  He only will put some brown low lights for contrast from time to time, and that's about all I can handle.
Now with being blond comes damage to the hair. It's just inevitable.  I have been bad over the years taking good care of my hair with conditioning treatments etc.... but, the fact is, I need to.  My hair has changed so much over the years. It was so thick prior to having my children, and now it's thinner and breaks off so easily. So, I made a promise to myself, to get it into better condition. I have been using some great masks and wanted to share it with you.

Everyone who heat styles, highlights or colors, needs to condition and treat their hair. Maybe put a hair mask on, clip your hair up, and sit in the bath tub while it penetrates.  Sometimes, I use coconut oil before bed, put it on the ends of my hair twist it up in a bun and sleep with it in and shower it out in the morning.

 There are some great hair masks on the market... or you could make your own!

 A great protein mask is as far as your refrigerator and pantry!




Eggs' high protein content helps improve hair's resilience and luster. Whisk together 1 egg, 2 tablespoons coconut oil (rich in moisturizing fats), and 2 tablespoons sesame oil. Apply the mixture to dry hair and wrap a hot, moist towel around your head. Relax for five to 10 minutes. Without wetting hair first, work in a handful of shampoo, and then rinse and condition your hair.

 If you are not one for making your own hair masks, try a good protein mask such as Redken Extreme strength builder plus mask for distressed hair. 

Or.. a FAVORITE of mine is.....Macadamia Deep repair mask you can find it at Target and Ulta, it is great and smells wonderful too. It make the hair shiny and so soft. It is infused with macadamia oil, tea tree oil, argan oil, chamomile oil, aloe and algae extracts. 


1 comment:

  1. nice post on hair care
    I love the style of blogging here on beautybetold.blogspot.com
    you see, there are 2 blogs that i've found so far to be very helpful and have something interesting for me whenever i visit, this one and http://danieluyi.com
    Keep up the good work you're doing here.

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS