Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Fight The Frizzz





With Summer approaching, I thought it would be fitting to talk about frizzy hair and how to fight it! We get such humid summers here and that is a recipe for the hair to frizz up. I remember the days when I was young girl I could let my hair air dry and it be straight and shiny, with obviously no products.  Those were the days :) But, as we get older, our hair changes, and that is no longer our reality. We have to work at getting our hair to cooperate, and with the right tools and products we can achieve great results.  I had my husband Eddie weigh in and give his professional opinion. Here is some advice on fighting the frizz this summer or anytime.



  • Apply a good serum to the hair while it is freshly washed and towel dried. Our favorite is  Kerastase Ultime Elixir
  • A great Blow dryer.... our favorites are Sam Villa, Parlux, and Elchim. I currently have the Parlux. It is an Italian dryer that has a ceramic heater that creates ionic heat.  It comes out with great force and gets nice and hot. An important note to fight the frizz is to use the NOZZLE that comes with the dryer. This will direct the heat and control the air flow.
  • Use a good round brush. Fekkai Large round brush  a drugstore choice : Conair Ceramic
  • Finish with a good flat iron * use a straightening spray while flat ironing. Redken Silk 07
  • Polish the hair with a shine cream or shine spray. My current favorite Redken Outshine
Enjoy your polished, shiny, smooth and frizz free hair!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS