Sunday, September 22, 2013

Curling Irons




Before curling your hair you must choose what type of look you want to achieve. If you want big loose effortless curls, you need a big 1 to 1 1/2 inch curling iron.  Wrap the hair away from the face in big sections, spraying each section with a setting spray. If you want to have loose waves or even tight curls you can use a curling wand. Again sectioning the hair, bigger sections for looser waves and smaller pieces for a tighter curl.  The picture on the left is the result of a curling wand, where on the right is from a curling iron.

Just a note, the curling wand is clampless. It will get very hot and you need to use a glove. I bake and cook all the time but my burn marks on my wrist are from my curling wand! Learn from me and always wear your glove!






You don' t need to buy the most expensive curling wand out there. Here is my suggestion for a fair priced wand.  It is the Remmington Styling wand. The curling iron I that own and LOVE is by Hot Tools.

Hope this post is somewhat helpful, remember you can brush through the curls to give a softer look and  always finish with your favorite polish to give the curls shine and some hold and control. When I use my curling wand I like to run a product through that will give some hold, texture and body. I always reach for ~
Redken Wool Shake.

Spray with some hairspray for extra hold if needed.

Happy Curls!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS