Tuesday, June 18, 2013

my fab four!







I wanted to share with you today some favorite products for the hair. Since my hair is color treated ( highlighted) and damaged, I am on a mission to get it in better condition.  I use products that treat these issues.  So here we go..... this is what we want to accomplish~ Cleanse, Treat, and Prime. What does that mean? Shampoo and Condition, then apply your heat protectant followed by your serum. Then after blowdrying, apply a polishing balm, or whatever you prefer. I have tried MANY and I tend to go for a cream shine product instead of the spray shine. For the simple fact that I do not like my hair to feel oily and I have more control with a cream.  If you do like a shine spray, a way to control the amount you spray is to spray the product on your hand and then run it through your hair avoiding the roots. You can purchase Kerestase and Redken at your favorite salon, or online.

~ The Kerastase is the higher price point, the Redken is a great alternative at a lower price.

Here is my current hair care routine:

1. Cleanse: Kerestase Bain Force Architecte alternating with Bain Chroma Riche

2. Treat:  Kerestase Masque Force Architecte

3. Prime : This is when you need 2 important products. One being a heat protectant to protect the hair before blow drying or heat styling. Second, is a serum, to polish the hair, seal it, make it soft and shiny.

Nectar Thermique ( heat protectant) OR Redken Satin Wear Blow Dry Lotion

Elixer Ultime or Elixer Ultime Rose Millenaire ( serum)

4. Finishing products:  Hairspray favorite is Kerestase Double Force
looking for a drugstore favorite? It will always be  Loreal Elnett my husband swears by it and I must say I like it a lot and I am picky with spray, okay, I am very picky with spray all products. I don't like my hair to feel oily, dirty, or stiff.  When I need some hold these two hairsprays are the only ones I will reach for.

5. Shine: Redken outshine. I love this cream shine product. It is not heavy and gives the hair a nice sheen, a polished look, without feeling heavy or looking greasy.

Hope this helps make you hair sleek and shiny!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE kerastase products!!
    xx
    daniella
    simplybeautifulelegant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS